realizing christmas

Written on 5:15 AM by wanderer


According to the Holy Bible: Xmas is the birth of Jesus Christ and we recognized it as SPECIAL/Most Awaited season of the year. It is undeniable true that Christianity says lot of things about it. For me, Xmas is just like an ordinary day of the year whom anyone from all walks of life has to experience. Its when people becomes crazy and overly excited for gift giving, lighting of xmas tress, cooking for noche buena and even recognizing the presence of godsons and daughters. But nowadays, people are taking advantage out of this so called "special holiday" instead of realizing what xmas is all about, instead of doing what the Bible says like forgiving to those who have offended us, but we are now like very particular on what we can possibly get from anyone.
Here is a conversation from a friend of mine named Dang (a childhood friend/enemy....a friend rather) about Xmas.
Dang: Ron, xmas is coming, have you wrapped your gift for me?
Me: What? I dont celebrate xmas gurl.
Dang: I dont care, just give me my xmas gift.
Me: I dont have money for gift thing for anyone. On tight budget here.
Dang: Why not take something from your budget and buy a gift for me.
Me: I cannot do that.
Dang: Hmmmp your bad (lain lagi ka ron) Ron .....
Me: Sorry dang
Dang: Hmmp I wont talk to you until you wont give me a gift.
Dang has just logged off. (without any notice of disconnection) hehehe.
From that experience, it then came in to my inner senses that some people are excited to celebrate xmas not because of being whole....ly devoted Christian but for material meaning xmas has to offer and i think this is violating the theme xmas supposed to convey, for people to love each other, accept and respect each other, forgive those who have offended us and maltreated us, a time to unite and share values of humanity and lots more.
At this point, I conclude that the essence of xmas is becoming a matter of "escape goat" to cater human "greed" and much earthly desires from anyone who are truly devoting themselves to what Xmas is all about.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment